Swiss trains run like clockwork with Trapeze ITS
May 01, 2020
Rhaetische Bahn implemented a fully integrated communications system to efficiently deal with incidents and disruptions to meet on-time running.
Rhaetische Bahn (RhB) in Switzerland runs a network encompassing eight lines on 382 kilometres, 58 kilometres of which is in tunnels. The Bernina line and the Albula line are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Rhaetische Bahn wanted to introduce a system enabling a dispatcher to handle the entire voice communication via a touchscreen operator unit. This needed to manage conversations with train drivers on the numerous routes via radio, and the calls to operating staff over the phone.
It also needed to connect radio subscribers with telephone subscribers.
The success of the system depended on developing in interface for the technical link to the digital radio system of RhB.
- System integration of radio, telephony, PA and voice recording
- Integration of analogue and DMR radio base stations via IP interfaces
- Multifunctional operator consoles
- Comfortable operation using a uniform interface
- Rapid selection of subscribers and reliable communication
- Bridging conversations between different communication channels
- Intelligent role management
- Automatic synchronisation of the phone book with Outlook
- Efficient commissioning thanks to the timely detection of incidents
Transportation Service: Rail
Solution: Trapeze Intelligent Transport System
Download the full Rhaetische Bahn case study.